Boone City Council - At Large|
Chair: Policy and Administration
Chair: Public Safety and Transporation
Address: 111 Story Street
Phone: 432-5842 or cell 230-3484
Term in Office: January 1, 2004 – present (currently serving 2nd term)
- 1988-1995 - 7 years with the Boone County Sheriff’s Office from as a Public Safety/9-1-1 Dispatcher;
- 1995-2007 - Communications Specialist II from with the Iowa Department of Public Safety/Iowa State Patrol Communications;
- 2007- present - Public Service Executive with the Iowa Department of Public Safety/Iowa State Patrol Communications, serving as Regional Manager overseeing the operations of the Iowa State Patrol Communications Centers in Des Moines and Atlantic, Iowa.
Education: BA Political Science, Iowa State University
Family: Wife, Lisa, two step-daughters, Megan Payne, 17, and Miranda Richmann, 13
Hobbies: Politics and work are my hobbies.
Boone Residency: Been in Boone for 30 years (since I was 8).
Other Community Services/Organizations Involvement:
- Chair of both the City of Boone Economic Development and Public Safety and Transportation Committees
- Serve currently as Chair of Boone County E9-1-1 Service Board
- Member of the Boone County Joint Communications Oversight Committee; as well as Chairman of the State of Iowa E9-1-1 Executive Council
“I strongly believe the role of local government is to provide stream-lined, yet effective, community services for our taxpayers. The ultimate goal of achieving those service objectives is with the prudent and efficient use of tax dollars. This should always serve as top priority.
“The best practice for any elected official is to be cognizant of spending tax dollars as if it were their own money and personal budget. Anything short of that thinking can truly be a disservice toward hard-working taxpayers.”